Since mid-March when I closed due to COVID-19 precautions, I have been keeping up with the latest research and watching webinars on best practices for when it was time to return. Unfortunately, after considering
- the lack of liability insurance coverage for COVID-19,
- the fact that many of my clients fall into the high risk category,
- the intense disinfection protocols recommended (and my worry that I could not meet them in the shared office setting),
- increased clotting and stroke risks,
- and the impossibility of maintaining the recommended safe distance during a massage (not to mention being in an enclosed space together for a lengthy amount of time),
…I feel the risks of returning to massage outweigh the benefits, and probably will for quite a while.
This means I will be keeping my practice on pause, at least through the summer. Should a vaccine suddenly appear, I will reevaluate. Please know this is not an easy choice, but I feel it is an ethical one. There will be a time when massage is safe, but it’s not right now.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please stay tuned.