I’ve been thinking about a quote which goes something like: “Those who look for flowers find flowers, and those who look for weeds find weeds.”
In that vein, here are some things I feel good about today:
1) I had a long phone call with my best friend, and later realized we’ve been friends for almost 18 years!
2) Inspired by last night’s episode of American Ninja Warrior, this morning I was brave and tried BODYPUMP for the first time. A very nice woman enthusiastically showed me the ropes and even asked for my card when she heard I do massage. I felt very strong and proud of myself…I only hope I can still move tomorrow!
3) Probably as a result of the morning’s workout, I have felt relaxed and productive all day.
4) I have enjoyed some quality time, reading with my cats. (Currently I’m finishing up this for my book club.)
5) Although I finished eating up the last of my homemade hummus (though that fact makes me a little unhappy), it is so easy and delicious that I’ll make it again soon. Here’s the recipe:
1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 14oz can of chickpeas, drained
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp tahini
Add all ingredients together in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth!
Visit Cat vs Human–it is very cute and funny!